Spring CSA 2020 – Week 3 starts today! This week’s box brought us the following produce for an encore: asparagus, spinach, and strawberries. The new stuff includes broccoli, bok choy, arugula, and red leaf lettuce. All of these I am very familiar with and love to eat so none will go to waste.
Also, this week’s recipe card was for a kale salad with warm cranberry almond vinaigrette. Very easy to veganize – swap honey for agave and the cheese for tofu or vegan blue cheese crumbles if you have them. This recipe was not really my favorite…I prefer tangy dressings than sweet ones, so meh.
What will I make with all of this?
I will add below how I use each of these ingredients this week:
- asparagus – broiled with lemon pepper seasoning and soy sauce
- spinach – used in breakfast smoothie
- strawberries – eaten one by one each time I open the fridge, in salads, in oatmeal
- broccoli – tempura broccoli [recipe]
- bok choy – stir-fried with garlic
- kale – salad per recipe card above
- lettuce and arugula – salad
That’s it for Spring CSA 2020 – week 3. To see what was in last week’s box, click here. Can’t wait to see what we get in next week’s box!