Spring CSA 2020 – Week 2 starts today! This week’s box brought us the following produce for an encore: asparagus, spinach, and strawberries. The new stuff includes broccoli, bok choy, and red leaf lettuce. All of these I am very familiar with and love to eat so none will go to waste.
Also, this week’s recipe card was for a crunchy ramen noodle salad with the bok choy. An interesting recipe that I will not be trying since I’m not a fan of eating raw ramen noodles or raw bok choy. I will probably keep it simple and stir-fry the bok choy with garlic and soy sauce.
What will I make with all of this?
I will add below how I use each of these ingredients this week:
- asparagus – steamed and eaten with vegan “egg yolk” sauce
- spinach – added to breakfast smoothie
- strawberries – eaten one by one each time I open the fridge, in salads, in oatmeal, and even strawberry cake!
- broccoli – eaten raw with ranch, steamed with balsamic vinegar.
- bok choy – stir-fried with garlic
- lettuce – salad
That’s it for Spring CSA 2020 – week 2. To see what was in last week’s box, click here. Can’t wait to see what we get in next week’s box!