A savory sundried tomato orzo recipe that will wow your taste buds! It’s also easy enough to make for a quick weeknight meal. There are a few ingredients that really take this dish to the next level:
- Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Better than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken
- Fresh basil (don’t substitute with dried, it won’t taste the same!)
Savory Sundried Tomato Orzo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (use water instead if oil-free)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes
- 2 cups orzo
- 4 cups vegetable broth I used Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pot on medium heat.
- Chop the onion and garlic, then add to the pot. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Chop the sundried tomatoes and then add them to the pot and stir.
- Add the orzo and stir. Let cook for just a minute.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot and stir.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the pot to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Let simmer until almost all of the liquid is evaporated, about 15-20 minutes.
- Chop the spinach and basil, then add to the pot. Also add the capers, mix well.
- Turn off the heat and remove the pot from the burner.
- Adjust seasonings as needed, and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you may also like these other recipes: